ChatGPT is a new AI chatbot that can answer questions and write essays and can even answer question step by step in certain processes.
OpenAI is an artificial intelligence (AI) research laboratory consisting of the for-profit corporation OpenAI LP and its parent company, the non-profit OpenAI Inc. The company conducts research in the field of AI with the stated goal of promoting and developing friendly AI in a way that benefits humanity as a whole.
ChatGPT is a large language model developed by OpenAI, which means that it is an artificial intelligence (AI) system designed to understand and produce human-like language. It was specifically trained using a technique called unsupervised learning on an enormous amount of text data from the internet, including books, articles, and websites.
The name “GPT” stands for “Generative Pre-trained Transformer,” which refers to the specific architecture used to build the model. The “Transformer” part of the name refers to a deep learning algorithm that was originally introduced in a 2017 research paper by Google researchers, and which has since become a standard technique in natural language processing (NLP) tasks.
One of the key features of ChatGPT is its ability to generate human-like responses to questions and prompts. This is achieved through a process called “conditional text generation,” where the model is given a starting prompt (e.g., “What is the capital of France?”) and then generates a coherent response based on its training data and its understanding of language syntax and semantics.
ChatGPT has a wide range of applications, including chatbots, language translation, content creation, and more. It has been used by various organizations, including news outlets, educational institutions, and social media platforms, to automate customer service, generate content, and provide information to users.
Here are, however, 7 important things you need to know about ChatGPT:
- It is a natural language processing (NLP) model developed by OpenAI.
- It interacts with users in a “conversational way”, making it accessible to a wider group of people.
- It can help with writing codes for websites and apps within seconds.
- It has an ability to solve complex coding-related issues in quick seconds
- The same company is known for creating Dall-e, which also leverages artificial intelligence and machine learning to develop a caricature of almost everything from natural language descriptions.
- It is a bot trained to generate human-like responses to user inputs
- On request, it can produce basic software code, rudimentary financial analysis, amusing poems and songs, spot-on imitations, reflective essays on virtually any topic, natural-language summaries of technical papers or scientific concepts, chat-based customer service, informed predictions, personalised advice, and answers — for better or worse — to just about any question.